Wow… I am nominated for an award! Isn’t that cool! Thank you so much to Stretchnseal (http://stretchnseal123.wordpress.com/) for nominating me for a Liebster Award! It’s an award for blogs with small readership (less than 200 blog followers), and it helps bloggers to promote other blogs. It gives everyone (writers and followers alike) a chance to get to know each other.
Here are the rules:
- If you’re nominated, you must provide a link back to the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions created by the user who nominated you
- Nominate 11 people & ask 11 questions for them to answer!
So, here we go. These are Eleven Facts About Me:
- I am quite tall, I am 6’2. That’s pretty tall for a Malaysian.
- I can speak 3 languages, English, Bahasa Malaysia and Tamil.
- I am a foodie.
- Michael Jackson is one my favourite artist.
- I love to travel. I hope to visit US really soon!
- I got giant feet! I wear size US13 or UK12! That’s not easy to find shoes for me!
- I have won a national award in pastry. That means I can cook and bake pretty well.
- I am only son in the family.
- I collect foreign currency (notes and coins).
- I can’t survive without coffee. I must have one in the morning.
- I am single but I am in a relationship.
These are the questions posted to me by Stretchnseal.
1.) What is your favourite meal?
Nasi Lemak! Or fatty rice if you were to translate it directly. Don’t worry, it taste much better than what it sounds! It is considered a national dish in Malaysia and you can have it almost everywhere and at any time of the day. It is a fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and “pandan” leaf. It is normally served with spicy sambal sauce, anchovies, roasted peanuts, hard-boiled egg and slices of cucumber. It is a very versatile dish and can be served with fried chicken, rending daging (beef), sambal sotong (cuttlefish) etc.
2.) What would you do if you had only one more day left on the earth?
I would probably host a dinner party with my family and good friends. That way, I can spend some quality time with all of them and look back on our happy memories.
3.) What would you do if you were invisible for one day?
Hmmm… I have never thought of being invisible! Anyway, I would probably spook as many people as I can. I can already think of a few names! Haha
4.) Who is your biggest inspiration in this world?
That would be my mother. She comes from a middle class family and went through hard time when she was growing up. She has a good heart and cares for everyone.
5.) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
“Dream big and never stop dreaming”. I realize that this is very true. One must dream big in order to motivate oneself to work towards it.
6.) Where is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. There is something about this city that I feel very comfortable. The people are easy going and friendly. It’s laid back but at the same time it is exciting.
7.) What is your favourite film?
My Best Friend Wedding, one of my all-time favourite movie and bring lots of good memories.
8.) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Animal? Wow… Hmmm I think I would be a horse, a shire horse. I think they are strong, dedicated and gentle.
9.) What is the greatest joy in life?
Greatest joy in my life is being able to do so many things that I wanted to do. One of it is to travel. So far I have been to 10 countries and would love to travel more! I have been to United Kingdom, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Macau.
10.) How do you deal with everyday stresses?
Very easy, I listen to music when I drive to/from work, at night and whenever I feel like it. I feel I can channel my bad energy away when I hear good music. Have you heard Happy by Pharrell Williams? That song is so catchy and fun!
11.) What do you want to achieve in life?
Wow. So many things I want to achieve! I suppose the most important ones are being healthy, stable financial, travel more with my other half and to own a travel / food business when I retire from the corporate life.
So, its my turn to nominate 11 blogs for this award (in no particular order):
10. Kat Pergi Mana
Congratulations all! You guys are awesome. Here are the questions to you if you choose to participate. It is quite fun actually, have a go at it.
- Who inspired you to blog?
- What are your hobbies?
- How many languages can you speak? Please list all of them.
- How many countries have you travelled to? Please list all of them.
- When was the last time you were so drunk that you couldn’t walk straight?
- What is your comfort food?
- Where is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
- Do you own a smart phone and/or tablet?
- Do you know where Malaysia is?
- What is the one item that you ‘must’ bring whenever you travel?
- What is your favourite colour?